Tuesday, September 13, 2005

No News is Bad News...

... for the American Left

After a quick check of my popular blog sites, I see that the conservative sites have nothing, and the leftist sites have just a bit on the Roberts nomination hearing. All that is included on the leftist sites are a few out-of-context quotes that they are trying to link to Robert's ideas on abortion. Otherwise, even the attack dog web sites from the left can't find anything wrong with Roberts' testimony.

I did read that Roberts gave one of the most impressive opening statements of any Supreme Court nominee over the past few decades. He gave the seven minute speech from memory - with no notes. I remember hearing on the news that he was critiqued for his opening statement being "too short."

I suppose the American Left has learned it's lesson: if they can't say anything bad, they aren't saying anything at all...

No comments: