Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Selective Feminism

There are thousands of examples of Democrats wanting to hold everyone else to a different standard. Here's an obvious one: did you know that the senior Democrat in the Senate, elected twice to majority leader, was a KKK organizer and recruiter for the better part of a decade? They think Roberts is a racist/sexist because he wrote a brief that ridiculed the thouroughly discredited and comically moronic plan of equal worth!

Anyway, as I was in the gym this morning listening to Kayne West's "The New Workout Plan" I actually laughed out loud thinking about feminists lining up behind this man because he said "George W. Bush hates black people" on national television.

Here are a few choice lyrics from this great song:

.....

[Jill]
Hi may name is Jill, I just want to say thanks to
Kanye's workout plan. I was able to pull a NBA player
and like now I shop, like, every day on Rodeo drive
I just want to say, thank you Kanye! woooo! woooo! woooo!

[Lasandra]
My name is Lasandra, and I just want to say
that ever since listenin' to Kanye's workout tape
I was able to get my phone bill paid, I got sounds and 13's
put up in my Cavalier and I was able to get a free trip to Cancun
And what's most importantly is that I ain't gotta f--- Ray Ray's
broke ass no mo'

.....

That's right put in work (Woo!)
Move your ass, go berserk (Ow!
Eat your salad, no dessert (Ugh!)
Get that man you deserve


The explicit premise of the song is that women need to look a lot better if they want to 'pull a baller'. The implicit premise is that a women shoud be defined by how successful of a man they can catch.

Now I'm not saying we should censor Kayne or that I agree that video games and rap music turn kids evil or any of that junk; I like the song even though I don't subscribe to those values. But dems have typically proven incapable of drawing that distinction and are shown to be simply unprincipled opportunists by lining up behind what they would otherwise consider wrong as long as the attack is directed at George Bush.


UNRELATED UPDATE:
There are only so many wackos in the world, do you think that when animal right activists offend women's rights acitivists that they're kinda eroding their (small) base? Here's a story about a man being tried for the attempted murder of his wife. Although she was very seriously injured, the headline for the story is 'Dog, woman beaten'.

No comments: