Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Jesus was a Democrat

Didn't you know?

Today I endured another dose of Liberal Indoctrination during a graduate class. We were discussing spirituality, among other things, and my professor threw down a number of quotes to remember:

"As I see it, Jesus was a radical social activist. There are people in politics now who use Christianity to further their aims; however, if Jesus was here right now he would not be working with the neo-conservatives. He would be against them."

Fantastic! Another whopper:

"Christianity can be used in many ways to socially support a group's ideals. Look at the KKK! They were Christian, and they used Christianity to further their goals. Now, it's not a Christianity that you or I would ascribe to, but then again, the KKK are long gone in most ways. What are they doing now? Probably voting for Judge Roberts *laugh*"

Disgusting. I didn't bother to point out that the only former KKK member in the senate is a Democrat - Robert Byrd. However, I think he voted to confirm Roberts, so it wouldn't have done me much good, anyway.

No comments: