Sunday, November 20, 2005

What kind of question is that?

Speaking of China Reuters via Yahoo! has a funny/annoying article on a mini press conference Bush had today. The funny part is that Bush tried to leave the press conference only to find the door he walked up to was locked - leading to one of the funniest pictures I've seen of Bush yet:

Bah! The Democrats have thwarted me again with this locked door in China!

However, the reason he wanted to leave is still unknown. For some reason a reporter (an expert on these things, I'm sure) asked Bush if he was "off his game" and whether something was bothering him. Bush's answer - "jetlag" was not good enough for the reporter and when he asked a follow up question Bush refused to answer and had his run-un with the locked doors.

I guess I don't understand the point of asking Bush if he was "off his game?" Does this reporter have a degree in psychology or something? Is jetlag not a good enough reason to look tired, even when I'm not sure if Bush really looked tired anyway? I just thought this whole incident sounded strange. Bush probably just had to use the lil' presidents' room...

No comments: