Thursday, November 10, 2005

Spammed!

This is fun. Due to the numerous emails we get (or, maybe not) I was surprised to see this bit of mail in the radarblog inbox. I've never before gotten one of these "I have millions of dollars in Africa and if I can get your account number so I can move the money I'll give you a bunch of it" emails.

My Name is Mike Kazato" The purpose of my introduction is that" Before the death of my father, he had taken me to Johannesburg to deposit the sum of US24 million (Twenty Four Million United States dollars),in one of the private security company, as he fore saw the looming danger in Zimbabwe this money was deposited in Two boxes as gem stones to avoid much demurrage from security company.

Gem stones. How could I resist the sweet temptation?

If you accept to assist me and my family, all I want you to do for me, is to make an arrangements with the security company to clear the consignment(funds) from their affiliate office...

...

If you do not prefer a partnership I am willing to give you 25% of the money while 5% will be set aside to incure any expencies used during this transaction and the remaining 70% will be for my investment in your country.

25%? A measly 25%? What, do I work for peanuts?

Obviously "Mike" knows the final kicker to get the stupid Americans to send him our account numbers:

And God Bless,

Mike Kazato

Good luck, pal. Although this blog rakes in millions we can't give out our account numbers for such a poor margin. You should have known better.

No comments: