Friday, February 25, 2005

Important Points

If you've never heard of Victor Davis Hanson, I would encourage you to check out his site. His most recent column for National Review Online is absolutely superb. It is so good that in my opinion I can't pull any one part out to quote. But it does remind me of some important facts...

1) The current state of the world is not America's fault, rather the freedom of Europe, the defeat of communism, and the spread of democracy are all the result of Americans and their resolve to remain strong and steadfast and fight for freedom - for themselves and others.

2) Americans, the American people, and the American military are strong, and have in the past and will continue to in the future defeat any foe that we deem necessary.

3) All the while we fight for freedom and spread democracy throughout the world, we will continually be attacked - from outside and within. As with the opponents of the Iraqi war, these individuals will in the end be proven wrong in their shortsightedness, yet never admit it. In the words of Victor Hanson, these are the things they were... "sort of for, sort of all along- sort of... "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on radar. How about a little less biased source like Fox News, or the NYT? I'm actually just kidding...it was a good article.

PS...I'm working on a plane for the Saudi royal family that has golden toilet seats! Maybe they'll invite George I, Bill, and George II and the rest of the diplomatic crew on a flight to say thanks for all of the foreign aid checks they kept?

Anonymous said...

I thought you worked for Easyjet? And where in the hell is my check......??